[NOUGAT] How to Update Galaxy S4 TMobile Nougat 7.0 AOSP (jfltetmo, SGH-M919)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S4 T-Mobile – jfltetmo – SGH-M919 [NOUGAT] How to Update Galaxy S4 TMobile Nougat 7.0 AOSP (jfltetmo, SGH-M919)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S4 TMobile (jfltetmo, SGH-M919) is now available through an unofficial AOSP ROM update and this is a guide which explains how to update Galaxy S4 TMobile (jfltetmo, SGH-M919) to Android Nougat 7.0. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices and also we have many CyanogenMod 14 ROMs. Recently we had posted How to Update Galaxy S4 LTE to Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM, Galaxy S4 Sprint Nougat 7.0 ROM update guide And now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Galaxy S4 TMobile variant which is brought to you by developer JDCTeam. Galaxy S4 TMobile Users must be thankful to the developers for their priceless efforts and lightning fast development.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing a custom ROM on a the S4 TMobile requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of JDCTeam’s Galaxy S4 TMobile (jfltetmo, SGH-M919) Nougat ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Mostly everything is working
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – ANT+ not working (Not supported at all by this ROM)

Update Galaxy S4 TMobile Nougat 7.0 aosp ROM

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE GALAXY S4 TMOBILE NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM:

HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE GALAXY S4 TMOBILE NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM (jfltetmo, SGH-M919):

1. Follow this to update AOSP ROM Nougat 7.0 on S4 TMobile for the first time or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE on BACKUP:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Download the S4 TMobile Nougat ROM zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
      • Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
        – Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
        – If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:

adb reboot recovery
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
        How to backup all data on your Android Device.
        how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

• First flash the S4 TMobile Nougat AOSP ZIP from device and then reboot to recovery AGAIN.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
      • Now flash the Google Apps package.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash Nougat GApps using TWRP recovery.
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM on Galaxy S4 TMobile variant:

Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Nougat ROM on Galaxy S4 TMobile. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply from us.

To root this S4 TMobile Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM, download the CF autoroot package and follow the link there to install it and then Profit !!!

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 TMobile forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi. First of all its awesome to see this update for a phone that is from 2013. I followed the instructions to install and everything went smoothly. the only thing I have noticed on my sghm919 after install is the time is randomly changing in the statusbar (not a big deal if its not a indication of a larger issue). the other odd thing is that when the device first booted up there was no welcome or setup menu to reinstall apps from google. is this intended? or should I repeat the process. that said the new rom is great. especially the new menu screen, offering much more at glance info than the previous 6.0

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Tim, I am glad that this guide worked for you.

Stay subscribed to this topic to get instant updates. I will be keep on updating this as soon as there is a new release from the developer.

The welcome screen will come on the first boot if Google Apps are installed. Have you installed Google applications package after updating the ROM?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.