- March 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM #14399shibaa987Participant
Here is a very simple Step-by-Step guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on a Huawei device. There are some advantages and disadvantages of unlocking a bootloader on a Huawei/Honor device or any Android phone. you must be aware of that prior to unlocking the bootloader on your device.
Huawei has stopped providing bootloader unlocking code for newer devices. But if you desperately want to unlock then there are some third party services available, which you can look for.
HUAWEI HAS OFFICIALLY STOPPED BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING ON ANY HUAWEI OR HONR BRANDED DEVICES.
BUT IF YOU STILL WANT, FunkyHuawei.club IS PROVIDING UNLOCK KEY FOR A CHARGE OF 55$. Here is a detailed analysis by Mishaal from XDA on this paid bootloader unlock service: https://www.xda-developers.com/huawei-honor-unlock-bootloader-fee/
– We DO NOT endorse the use of third-party services to unlock the bootloader of your device.
– There’s no guarantee that these services are safe to use.
– YOU put your device at risk if you choose to use these services because Huawei and Honor might not offer support in case anything goes wrong.
– We do not earn any profits from any of the services listed below.
Although you MAY NOT lose your warrant as part of this Huawei/Honor bootloader unlock guide, but it is important to understand that there could be some other side effects if instructions are not followed properly. You will lose your data and hence before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.
You may NOTE that, as per Huawei’s bootloader unlock policy; Huawei service center can provide you repair services charged at standard rate out of scope of Warranty.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei/Honor phone:
– Huawei/Honor phone/Tablet with USB cable
– Pre-registration at http://en.ui.vmall.com/plugin.php?id=unlock
– Windows/Linux/MAC PC installed with ADB and Fastboot
– Enough Battery Backup on the device
Links to required Download(s)/Utilitie(s)/Guide(s) to unlock bootloader on the Huawei/honor device:
– Huawei USB drivers
– If you are using a Linux or MAC: ADB and Fastboot on Linux/MAC PC
– If you are using a Windows PC: download 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
How to Unlock Bootloader on a Huawei/Honor phone/tablet:
Make sure before going further you have already downloaded required files, utilities, backed up all the user data on your phone like: Contacts, Messages, Images etc. and ready with all other required things. If you are ready then follow as explained below:
OFFICIAL HUAWEI BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN SHUTDOWN BY HUAWEI.
HERE IS AN UNOFFICIAL WAY OF BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING: https://funkyhuawei.club/bootloader
Registration for Huawei/Honor Bootloader Unlock:STEP 1:
Go to http://en.ui.vmall.com/plugin.php?id=unlock, register for a new account (if you don’t have one) or else login.
Here is a screenshot showing the login window at Huawei Bootloader unlock page:
After login, it will take you to the Huawei Unlocking Agreement. Read carefully and click on I have read and accept all terms above and then click on Nextor Submit or whatever button is there below.
Getting bootloader unlock code for the Huawei/Honor phone:STEP 3:
After registration you will be taken to a page where you need to provide the following info about your phone:
- Select EMUI version (before 5.0 or later)
- Smartphone or tablet
- Product Model
– This is not the commercial model name like: Honor 6x, Honor 8 or something.
– Go to Settings > About Phone. There you see the Model Number, that’s it.
- Product Serial Number
– Go to Settings > About Phone > Status. Almost at the end of the Status screen you will find the Serial Number.
- Product IMEI
– In case of a dual-SIM phone, just enter the first IMEI number.
- Product ID
– To find the product ID, open the phone dialer and enter the following code: *#*#1357946#*#*
– You will get one number on scree, that’s it.
- Enter the on-screen verification code and then click on Commit
At the end of all these you will get one bootloader unlock code, typically a number. Have a look on the following screenshot:
Preparing the Huawei/Honor phone before Bootloader Unlock:
Basically here you have to enable two things as below before getting into bootloader mode:
– Install ADB and Fastboot utility on a PC (Windows, Linux or MAC) you have.
– Enable OEM unlock
– Enable USB DebuggingSTEP 4:
Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. If you have not done it then follow one of the below guide based on your PC:STEP 5:
Enable Developer options first then only you can enable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
Go to Settings > About Phone and then click 7 times on the Build Number to enable Developer options.
Go to the following guide that explains how to enable developer options.
Screenshots from a Huawei phone:
Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock
Screenshot of Enable OEM unlock:
Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
Enable the USB Debugging.
Screenshot of enable USB Debugging:
Now connect the phone to the PC. (by now you must be installed ADB and fastboot)
The moment you connect the phone to the PC it will ask you to Allow USB debugging for the PC permission on your phone.
NOTE: If you are using a personal system then you can select the Always allow from this computer and click on OKSTEP 9:
Open a command window on the PC and enter the following command to put the phone into bootloader mode.
Command prompt in Windows, Console Window in MAC or Linux.
Execute the following command on the PC:
$ adb reboot bootloaderSTEP 10:
When you are in bootloader mode, just execute the following command on the console to unlock the bootloader:
$ fastboot oem unlock <unlocking password>
The unlocking password is the number that you had got at the end of STEP 3.
– When you execute the above command, a confirmation message will appear on the phone’s bootloader screen.
– Press the volume up key to select Yes, unlock bootloader option
– Then press the power button to continue unlocking the bootloader.
The phone will reset/erase data and reboot, then Voila!!
Now you can enjoy rooting and some beautiful custom ROMs on your phone. you can look into the Huawei forum for some custom ROMs for many Huawei devices.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.