- July 21, 2018 at 11:08 PM #40956shibaa987Participant
TWRP for HTC U12+ (ime) is now available from an unofficial build. this post guides you how to download and install TWRP for HTC U12+ and also guides you how to ROOT HTC U12+ (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for HTC U12+ is brought to you by developer(s) Freak07
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR HTC U12+. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR HTC U12+ NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON HTC U12+.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING HTC U12+ MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOT BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR HTC U12+:
– TWRP version: 184.108.40.206
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.0
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.0 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR HTC U12+, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the HTC U12+ to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the HTC U12+ into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of HTC U12+
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for HTC U12+ and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for HTC U12+.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for HTC U12+
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for HTC U12+.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your HTC U12+. You may now want to ROOT HTC U12+ or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for HTC U12+:
- You can enable HTC U12+ ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for HTC U12+
- You can install some of the mods available for HTC U12+
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for HTC U12+.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT HTC U12+ then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR HTC U12+ ROOT GUIDE:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- The HTC U12+ will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to HTC U12+. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the HTC U12+ to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for HTC U12+, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for HTC U12+ via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a HTC U12+ ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on HTC U12+ or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for HTC U12+ or to following the HTC U12+ root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.
If you find any problem with this TWRP then you can follow the xda thread.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.