- July 17, 2018 at 4:28 PM #40669shibaa987Moderator
TWRP for Honor Note 8 (edi) is now available from an unofficial build. this post guides you how to download and install TWRP for Honor Note 8 and also guides you how to ROOT Honor Note 8 (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Honor Note 8 is brought to you by developer(s) letschkyDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR Honor Note 8. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Honor Note 8 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Honor Note 8.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
Honor Note 8 ROOT MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOT BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Honor Note 8:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.1
– Custom ROM supported: built from OmniROM AOSP sources
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Honor Note 8, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the Honor Note 8 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Honor Note 8 into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Honor Note 8
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Honor Note 8 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Honor Note 8.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Honor Note 8
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Honor Note 8.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Honor Note 8. You may now want to ROOT Honor Note 8 or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Honor Note 8:
- You can enable Honor Note 8 ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Honor Note 8
- You can install some of the mods available for Honor Note 8
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Honor Note 8.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Honor Note 8 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Honor Note 8 ROOT GUIDE:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- The Honor Note 8 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Honor Note 8. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Honor Note 8 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Honor Note 8, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Honor Note 8 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Honor Note 8 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Honor Note 8 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Honor Note 8 or to following the Honor Note 8 root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.