- July 19, 2018 at 1:09 PM #40774
The latest TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A8+ 2018 (jackpot2lte) is now available to download. On this Galaxy A8+ 2018 TWRP recovery guide, you will find the TWRP Download for Galaxy A8+ 2018 and a step by step guide to update/install TWRP recovery on Galaxy A8+ 2018.
If you want to root the Galaxy A8+ 2018 or want to install custom ROM then you need to install a custom recovery such as a TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018 phone. Well, for that case this is what is the guide that you need.
This TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018 is built by BlackMesa123
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to BlackMesa123 and TWRP project:
– Donate to BlackMesa123DISCLAIMER:
Make sure that your phone is not RMM locked.
INSTALLING TWRP ON Galaxy A8+ 2018 MAY BRICK AND ERASE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Galaxy A8+ 2018:
– TWRP version: 22.214.171.124
– Supported Android Version: Android Oreo
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP based Android Oreo ROMs
Galaxy A8+ 2018 TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP FOR Galaxy A8+ 2018:
Make Sure You have already done the below:
Make sure that you have already downloaded all of the above mentioned files and done the following things:
- Installed Samsung USB driver for your phone
- Installed the ODIN application on your Windows PC
- Enable OEM Unlock on your phone- In some newer Samsung phones like: Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ and later, you need to enable OEM Unlock option in Developer Options.
– By default the Developer Options is hidden and you need to enable the Developer Options first. Go to the below link (the link will open in a new window), enable Developer options and come back to this page:
How To Enable Developer Options– Now when you have enabled the Developer Options, go to the Developer Options and then enable the OEM Unlock option.
HOW INSTALL TWRP ON Galaxy A8+ 2018 USING ODIN:
- Connect the Galaxy A8+ 2018 to the PC using the USB cable and install required Samsung USB driver
- Restart the Galaxy A8+ 2018 phone into download mode in order to install TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018 using the ODIN application.
Press and hold the below three buttons until you see a WARNING SCREEN! to enter into the Download mode:
Volume DOWN key + Power key + Home key
When you see the WARNING SCREEN press the volume UP key to continue into the Download mode.
- Open the ODIN application on your Windows PC and see the device is already connected
– At this moment I believe your phone is already connected to the PC, if not, then Connect your phone (while it is still in the download mode) to the PC using a USB cable.
– ODIN will show an Added! message on the message box with a port number on the top left screen of ODIN application.
– If you don’t see an Added message and a port number, then try uninstall and re-install the Samsung Driver.
– Try a different USB driver or Install Samsung Kies to install default Samsung Drivers.
[Device Added on ODIN]
- Then click on the AP button on the ODIN application and select the TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018 which might be in .tar or tar.md5 file extension
[Click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery for Galaxy A8+ 2018]
- Select the appropriate options before flashing the twrp on Galaxy A8+ 2018.
Make sure only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and all other boxes are un-checked.
[Select the ODIN Options]
- Select the Start button, which will start the flashing process. When you get the PASS message, then your phone will reboot automatically
[Click on Start and wait till it completes]
– If you see a FAIL message on the screen then read the log on the left side of the ODIN application and try to FIX the ERROR.
What to do after you install TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018:
Now your Samsung Galaxy A8+ 2018 is installed with the TWRP recovery and you may disconnect your phone. Here are some more guides using the TWRP recovery:
- You can bypass RMM lock on Galaxy A8+ 2018
- You can root the Galaxy A8+ 2018
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Galaxy A8+ 2018
- How to reset Android using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Galaxy A8+ 2018.
But before you can use the TWRP on Galaxy A8+ 2018, you have to bypass the RMM lock.
Follow the below step by step instructions to bypass RMM lock on Galaxy A8+ 2018.
How to flash RMM bypass zip on Galaxy A8+ 2018 using TWRP:
- Restart the Galaxy A8+ 2018 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- You need to decrypt the /data partition on the Galaxy A8+ 2018
– Go to Wipe>Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When /data partition is wiped, go the the TWRP home screen and reboot into TWRP recovery.
– This time the /data partition would be mounted by TWRP. [THIS IS IMPORTANT]
- Now download and copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and RMM bypass.zip file to Galaxy A8+ 2018. (You can download the files from the above downloads section)
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and RMM bypass zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install both the zip file on Galaxy A8+ 2018, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Galaxy A8+ 2018 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and RMM bypass zip file on Galaxy A8+ 2018. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a fully featured TWRP on Galaxy A8+ 2018.
Now, if you want to ROOT Galaxy A8+ 2018 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Galaxy A8+ 2018:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- The Galaxy A8+ 2018 rooting will not work just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Galaxy A8+ 2018 ROOTING using TWRP recovery
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Galaxy A8+ 2018. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Galaxy A8+ 2018 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file for Galaxy A8+ 2018, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Galaxy A8+ 2018 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk on Galaxy A8+ 2018. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Galaxy A8+ 2018 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Galaxy A8+ 2018 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Galaxy A8+ 2018 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
For more information on this TWRP, you can visit the xda thread.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.