- This topic is empty.
May 17, 2020 at 10:26 PM #113591Rakshit SahuSpectator
A working build of TWRP for Redmi Note 7 Pro is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
This Redmi Note 7 Pro TWRP is brought to you by developer Doomsday101.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
About this TWRP for Redmi Note 7 Pro
– TWRP version: 22.214.171.124
– Device Codename: violet
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 2020-05-16
Where to download TWRP for Redmi Note 7 Pro?
How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi Note 7 ProVisit the following to get other updates of Redmi Note 7 Pro forum (codename: violet) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.