- This topic is empty.
May 14, 2020 at 10:14 PM #113380Rakshit SahuSpectator
A working build of TWRP for Redmi 8 is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi 8.
This Redmi 8 TWRP is brought to you by developer oguzbakir.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work of the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to oguzbakir and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for oguzbakir
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
About this TWRP for Redmi 8
– TWRP version: 3.3.1
– Device Codename: Olive
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 2020-01-06
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 8?
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 8?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi 8.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 8.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition.
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 8.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 8. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 8
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 8. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 8
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 8
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 8
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 8 which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 8
– GCam for Redmi 8Visit the following to get other updates of Redmi 8 forum (codename: olive) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.