- This topic is empty.
- May 14, 2020 at 10:14 PM #113380Rakshit SahuSpectator
A working build of TWRP for Redmi 8 is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi 8.
This Redmi 8 TWRP is brought to you by developer oguzbakir.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work of the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to oguzbakir and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for oguzbakir
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developerDISCLAIMER:
Installing TWRP recovery on Redmi 8 requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Redmi 8
– TWRP version: 3.3.1
– Device Codename: Olive
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 2020-01-06
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 8?Below is a list of files or guides required to install or flash TWRP recovery on Redmi 8. The next section has a step by step guide that explains when and how to use these files or guides in the process.
- Redmi 8, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for Redmi 8 (codename: olive)
- MiFlash Unlock Tool download
- ADB and Fastboot utility.- 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on Redmi 8
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 8?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi 8.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
Visit this Redmi 8 Bootloader Unlock page to get a detailed step-by-step guide with screenshots.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.Add your Redmi 8 to the Mi account registered on your phone.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 8.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition.
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 8.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 8. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 8
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 8. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 8
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 8
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 8
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 8 which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 8
– GCam for Redmi 8Visit the following to get other updates of Redmi 8 forum (codename: olive) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.