August 23, 2016 at 5:32 PM #5739shibaa987Moderator
This guide explains how to root T-Mobile/MetroPCS Galaxy On5 and how to install a TWRP custom recovery on the T-Mobile/MetroPCS Galaxy On5 (SM-G550T & SM-G550T1). A custom recovery is the world to some beautiful custom ROMs for your device. If you agree with me then you do understand the need of a custom recovery for a device. Samsung Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS was recently released to market and today we have the TWRP custom recovery for that. With this first custom recovery you will also see some custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod 13, CyanogenMod 14, Android Nougat ROMs, Paranoid Android and more for Samsung Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS in near future.DISCLAIMER:
Installing custom recovery on your device may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. Understand the fact that you are the only person responsible for everything that you do with you device. If you blame me for a disaster that happened to your device then I will simply laugh at you.
Things required for Rooting Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS and installing TWRP custom recovery guide:
Installing TWRP recovery on Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS and Rooting Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS:
TWRP recovery installation on Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS:
- Download the TWRP image for Galaxy On5 T-Mobile/MetroPCS from the above Downloads section.
- Now download and install the ODIN Samsung flashing utility.
- Enable USB debugging on Galaxy On5 T-Mobile
- Now follow this guide to flash TWRP image on a Samsung phone using ODIN: How to install TWRP recovery on Samsung phone using ODIN
This may delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data of the current stock firmware:
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
T-Mobile/MetroPCS Galaxy On5 Rooting:
make sure that you have installed the TWRP recovery on Galaxy On5 otherwise the following rooting guide will not work.
- Download and Copy the stable SuperSU ZIP file to the On5.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the SuperSU ZIP from your phone:
– Here is a post explaining how to ROOT an Android phone using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy a rooted Galaxy On5 on T-Mobile/MetroPCS
If you have any concerns regarding this guide then you can login to the forum and leave a reply to get an instant reply from us.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSOctober 4, 2019 at 12:38 PM #99333murr83Participant
when downloading twrp, what’s the difference between the .img file and the .img.tar file…?? and which one do I need…??
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.