- August 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM #46327
TWRP Recovery for ZTE Nubia Z17S (nx595j) is now available to download. this post guides how to download and install TWRP on ZTE Nubia Z17S and also guides how to ROOT ZTE Nubia Z17S (using TWRP recovery).
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR ZTE Nubia Z17S. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR ZTE Nubia Z17S NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON ZTE Nubia Z17S.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ZTE Nubia Z17S ROOT MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOT BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR ZTE Nubia Z17S:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 6.0
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR ZTE Nubia Z17S, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- ZTE Nubia Z17S Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
- Ulocked bootloader on the ZTE Nubia Z17S
- USB drivers
- TWRP 3.2.1-0 download for ZTE Nubia Z17S
- TWRP 3.2.3-0 download for ZTE Nubia Z17S
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR ZTE Nubia Z17S:
- Connect the ZTE Nubia Z17S to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the ZTE Nubia Z17S into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of ZTE Nubia Z17S
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder.
– Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your ZTE Nubia Z17S.
You may now want to ROOT ZTE Nubia Z17S or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S:
- You can enable ZTE Nubia Z17S ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for ZTE Nubia Z17S
- You can install some of the mods available for ZTE Nubia Z17S
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT ZTE Nubia Z17S then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ZTE Nubia Z17S ROOT GUIDE:
Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for ZTE Nubia Z17S. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on ZTE Nubia Z17S.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for ZTE Nubia Z17S or one of the following:
- The ZTE Nubia Z17S will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT ZTE Nubia Z17S using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to ZTE Nubia Z17S. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the ZTE Nubia Z17S to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for ZTE Nubia Z17S, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for ZTE Nubia Z17S via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a ZTE Nubia Z17S ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on ZTE Nubia Z17S or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for ZTE Nubia Z17S or to following the ZTE Nubia Z17S root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the ZTE Nubia Z17S (nx595j) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.