August 29, 2018 at 1:19 AM #47164GuestModerator
TWRP Recovery for Redmi 6A (cactus) is now available to download. this post guides how to download and install TWRP on Redmi 6A and also guides how to ROOT Redmi 6A (using TWRP recovery).
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Redmi 6A:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.1
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.1 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Redmi 6A, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Redmi 6A Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Redmi 6A
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Redmi 6A
- Force Encryption disabler download
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR Redmi 6A:
- Connect the Redmi 6A to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Redmi 6A into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Redmi 6A
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Redmi 6A and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Redmi 6A.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Redmi 6A.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
on the command console to restart the phone.
Immediately press the volume up (or the exact key combination) to boot into the recovery mode.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
You may now want to ROOT Redmi 6A or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Redmi 6A:
- You can enable Redmi 6A ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 6A
- You can install some of the mods available for Redmi 6A
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Redmi 6A.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Redmi 6A then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Redmi 6A ROOT GUIDE:
Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for Redmi 6A or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- DM Verity disabler download
- Download link of Magisk ROOT uninstaller (needed if you want to uninstall Magisk)
- The Redmi 6A will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Redmi 6A using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file and the no verity encrypt file to Redmi 6A. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Redmi 6A to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Redmi 6A, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Redmi 6A via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Then flash the no verity encrypt zip file.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Redmi 6A ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Redmi 6A or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Redmi 6A or to following the Redmi 6A root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 6A (cactus) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKDecember 26, 2018 at 8:30 PM #64483Fuenf HtMember
at first many thanks for your great instructions!
I tried to install TWRP on my Redmi 6A, but unfortunately it does not work.It looks as if the TWRP image would be written without error, but <fastboot reboot recovery> is not recognized, <adb reboot recovery> does not recognize the device, so I can’t boot to TWRP. I tried several other attempts, but it always ends in the stock mode.
I would be very thankful for help.
C: \ adb> adb reboot bootloader
C: \ adb> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending ‘recovery’ (16968 KB) …
writing ‘recovery’ …
finished.total time: 0.983s
C: \ adb> fastboot reboot recovery
usage: fastboot [<option>] <command> …
C: \ adb> adb reboot recovery
error: device not foundFebruary 14, 2019 at 7:43 PM #72761useless :3Member
i had same problemFebruary 15, 2019 at 3:40 PM #72815Mod APKKeymaster
Okay, I have verified this on my Poco F1 (I don’t have Redmi 6A).
Fastboot does not have a reboot to recovery command available.
You have to manually reboot the phone to recovery from fastboot.
Or alternatively you can reboot from fastboot and then press the Volume up while the phone is booting to enter into recovery mode.
I will update the guide accordingly.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>April 17, 2019 at 4:15 PM #80194Ola OleParticipant
I follow this tutorial, but if i flash the no_verity file my device stops recognising the SIM card…
Any way i can get TWRP and/or root, without flashing the no_verity fil?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.