August 29, 2018 at 1:32 AM #47173GuestModerator
TWRP Recovery for Redmi 6 Pro (sakura) is now available to download. this post guides how to download and install TWRP on Redmi 6 Pro and also guides how to ROOT Redmi 6 Pro (using TWRP recovery).
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Redmi 6 Pro:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.1
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.1 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Redmi 6 Pro, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Redmi 6 Pro Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Redmi 6 Pro
- USB drivers
- TWRP download by miuiitalia for Redmi 6 Pro
- Force Encryption disabler download
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR Redmi 6 Pro:
- Connect the Redmi 6 Pro to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Redmi 6 Pro into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Redmi 6 Pro
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
You may now want to ROOT Redmi 6 Pro or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro:
- You can enable Redmi 6 Pro ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 6 Pro
- You can install some of the mods available for Redmi 6 Pro
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Redmi 6 Pro then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Redmi 6 Pro ROOT GUIDE:
Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for Redmi 6 Pro or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- DM Verity disabler download
- The Redmi 6 Pro will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Redmi 6 Pro using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file and the no verity encrypt file to Redmi 6 Pro. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Redmi 6 Pro to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Redmi 6 Pro, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Redmi 6 Pro via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Then flash the no verity encrypt zip file.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Redmi 6 Pro ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Redmi 6 Pro or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro or to following the Redmi 6 Pro root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 6 Pro (sakura) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.