September 27, 2018 at 7:38 AM #53036GuestModerator
TWRP Recovery for HTC U11 Life (ocl_ul) is now available to download. This post guides how to download and install TWRP on HTC U11 Life and also guides how to ROOT HTC U11 Life (using TWRP recovery).
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR HTC U11 Life:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.1
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.1 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR HTC U11 Life, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- HTC U11 Life Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the HTC U11 Life
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for HTC U11 Life by kc6wke [ANDROID NOUGAT COMPATIBLE TWRP]
- Force Encryption disabler download
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR HTC U11 Life:
- Connect the HTC U11 Life to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the HTC U11 Life into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of HTC U11 Life
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for HTC U11 Life and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for HTC U11 Life.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for HTC U11 Life.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
on the command console to restart the phone.
Immediately press the volume up (or the exact key combination) to boot into the recovery mode.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
You may now want to ROOT HTC U11 Life or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for HTC U11 Life:
- You can enable HTC U11 Life ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for HTC U11 Life
- You can install some of the mods available for HTC U11 Life
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for HTC U11 Life.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT HTC U11 Life then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR HTC U11 Life ROOT GUIDE:
Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for HTC U11 Life or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- DM Verity disabler download
- The HTC U11 Life will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT HTC U11 Life using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file and the no verity encrypt file to HTC U11 Life. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the HTC U11 Life to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for HTC U11 Life, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for HTC U11 Life via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Then flash the no verity encrypt zip file.
- Profit!!! You should now have a HTC U11 Life ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on HTC U11 Life or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for HTC U11 Life or to following the HTC U11 Life root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC U11 Life (ocl_ul) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKNovember 22, 2018 at 3:05 PM #61005paul o’tooleMember
Any one know how to TWRP the HTC u11 life running on android 8.0 1.10.401.4 ? I’ve tried everything on here to no avail.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.