- This topic is empty.
May 17, 2020 at 9:52 PM #113583Rakshit SahuSpectator
A working build of TWRP for Mi CC9 Pro is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Mi CC9 Pro.
This Mi CC9 Pro TWRP is brought to you by developer mauronofrio.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
About this TWRP for Mi CC9 Pro
– TWRP version: 3.3.1-0
– Device Codename: lmi
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Built as System-as-root (SAR)
Where to download TWRP for Mi CC9 Pro?
How to Install TWRP on Mi CC9 Pro?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Mi CC9 Pro.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Mi CC9 Pro.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Mi CC9 Pro.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Mi CC9 Pro. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Mi CC9 Pro
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Mi CC9 Pro. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Mi CC9 Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi CC9 Pro
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Mi CC9 Pro
Following are some extra resources for Mi CC9 Pro which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Mi CC9 Pro
– GCam for Mi CC9 ProVisit the following to get other updates of Mi CC9 Pro forum (codename: lmi) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.