- February 19, 2019 at 7:02 PM #73147
TWRP for Umidigi F1 is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Umidigi F1 and ROOT Umidigi F1 (using TWRP recovery).
After installing TWRP recovery on Umidigi F1 you can install many android mods such as google camera (gcam) APK, enable navigation gesture, enable face unlock, viper4android audio enhancement etc. and many more.
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Umidigi F1. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Umidigi F1 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Umidigi F1, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- TWRP recovery download for Umidigi F1
- Scatter file for Umidigi F1
- Unlocked bootloader on Umidigi F1
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- Fastboot and adb for Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A WINDOWS PC:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Umidigi F1:
Follow the below step by step guide to install the TWRP for Umidigi F1
Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on Umidigi F1.
Installing TWRP on Umidigi F1 requires a scatter file to be created.
A scatter file of a Mediatek device is what tells about the presence of different partition and the start address of each partition.
Either you can download the scatter file from the downloads section or you can create it by yourself using the following guide.
How to create scatter file for Umidigi F1:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Umidigi F1.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Umidigi F1; to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone.
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Umidigi F1.
On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for Umidigi F1.
- Save the scatter file for Umidigi F1 in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Umidigi F1 using SP Flash Tool:
TWRP recovery download to a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for Umidigi F1.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Umidigi F1 using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Umidigi F1 scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details.
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Umidigi F1, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Umidigi F1 as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Umidigi F1, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for Umidigi F1:
- You can root the Umidigi F1
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Umidigi F1
- You can install some of the mods available on Umidigi F1
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Umidigi F1.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Umidigi F1 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
ROOTING Umidigi F1 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Umidigi F1 ROOTING:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Umidigi F1
– Well, this is a very important aspect of this SuperSU ROOT process. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Umidigi F1 or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Umidigi F1. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Umidigi F1 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Umidigi F1, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Umidigi F1 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Umidigi F1 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Umidigi F1 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Umidigi F1 forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:March 31, 2019 at 6:30 PM #77465
Thank you for your guide.
I’ve stuck because scatter file doesn’t work for me and I don’t have Windows machine to generate my own.
I’m using Fedora 28. Phone is detected – adb shows:
> adb devices
> List of devices attached
> F120190112343434 device
Scatter file error:
SP FLASH TOOL ERROR: (8417)
I hope there will be more straight forward procedure in future.April 3, 2019 at 6:00 PM #77798April 11, 2019 at 1:27 AM #78912
Hello shouldn’t I wipe data using TWRP first before flashing file?April 15, 2019 at 2:57 PM #79707
You don’t need to wipe data before installing TWRP.
Usually the Data partition and Recovery partition are different.
In newer Android version, such as : Oreo and Pie the boot partition is the recovery partition where the recovery boots from.
Usually data partition is where user data, such as installed applications, contact entries, messages, and all other internal phone memory data is stored.April 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM #79787
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.