- June 24, 2018 at 12:52 AM #39217shibaa987Participant
TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus (b2n) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus and ROOT Nokia 7 Plus (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Nokia 7 Plus is brought to you by developer(s) Dhruv GadhaviDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Nokia 7 Plus. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Nokia 7 Plus NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Nokia 7 Plus.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Nokia 7 Plus MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Nokia 7 Plus, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the Nokia 7 Plus to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloader of Nokia 7 Plus
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Nokia 7 Plus. You may now want to ROOT Nokia 7 Plus or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus:
- You can enable Nokia 7 Plus ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Nokia 7 Plus
- You can install some of the mods available for Nokia 7 Plus
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Nokia 7 Plus then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Nokia 7 Plus:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- The Nokia 7 Plus will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Nokia 7 Plus. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Nokia 7 Plus to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Nokia 7 Plus, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Nokia 7 Plus via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Nokia 7 Plus ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Nokia 7 Plus or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Nokia 7 Plus or to following the Nokia 7 Plus rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will rb2n back to your query as soon as possible.
Attachments:July 17, 2018 at 3:04 PM #40662Lewy BMember
Note that the step “Unlock bootloader of Nokia 7 Plus” links to a page that just has a generic method for unlocking bootloaders, which probably doesn’t work on this phone. It seems like the only way to unlock the bootloader on this phone, for now, is to send $5 to an anonymous guy over the internet who will send you an unlock code.July 19, 2018 at 6:25 PM #40803shibaa987Participant
Thanks for this heads up @lewy_b
Well, this is something bad from Nokia’s (HMD) end.
I personally don’t encourage any pay services, especially on Android devices where most of the things are on the web because of it’s open source nature.
Open source is the only thing because of which most of the developers contribute to a certain project like Android AOSP.
I will keep my eyes open to see if any working method is available on the web to unlock bootloader on Nokia 7 Plus and like devices.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.