- August 16, 2018 at 12:06 AM #44230
Good news for OnePlus 3/3T users as Android Pie 9.0 for OnePlus 3/3T is now available to download from a near stable build. This post guides how to download and install Pixel Experience Android Pie on OnePlus 3/3T.
This Pixel Experience build of OnePlus 3/3T Android Pie 9.0 is brought to you by JagravNaik.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to JagravNaik for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for JagravNaik
THIS IS REPORTED AS A STABLE BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR OnePlus 3/3T (Android 9).
BUT STILL MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ON OnePlus 3/3T.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 3/3T, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of OnePlus 3/3T Android Pie update guide:
- Required Downloads to install Pixel Experience Android Pie 9.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Installing Pixel Experience Android Pie 9.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Troubleshooting the OnePlus 3/3T Android Pie 9.0 Pixel Experience
Status of this Pixel Experience Android Pie on OnePlus 3/3T:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR OnePlus 3/3T:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON OnePlus 3/3T:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 3/3T for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 3/3T.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your OnePlus 3/3T phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the OnePlus 3/3T Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the OnePlus 3/3T Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 3/3T.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on OnePlus 3/3T (oneplus3):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 3/3T ROM ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3/3T.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on OnePlus 3/3T.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 3/3T.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON OnePlus 3/3T:
Of course this Android Pie build for OnePlus 3/3T is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for OnePlus 3/3T
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for OnePlus 3/3T
– OmniROM Oreo ROM for OnePlus 3/3T
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for OnePlus 3/3T
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus 3/3T (oneplus3) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, OnePlus 3/3T Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.