- August 11, 2018 at 5:59 PM #43454
Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi Note 4 is now available to download from a stable build. This post guides how to download and install AOSP Android Pie on Redmi Note 4.
Lineage OS 16 for Redmi Note 4 is also available now.
This AOSP build of Redmi Note 4 Android Pie 9.0 is brought to you by abhishek987.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to abhishek987 for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for abhishek987
THIS IS REPORTED AS A STABLE BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR Redmi Note 4 (Android 9).
BUT STILL MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ON Redmi Note 4.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 4, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Redmi Note 4 Android Pie update guide:
Status of this AOSP Android Pie on Redmi Note 4:WHAT’S WORKING:
– RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
– IR Blaster
– Video Playback
– VolteKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing major
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES TO INSTALL AOSP ANDROID PIE ON Redmi Note 4:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 4:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 4 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 4.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi Note 4 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi Note 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi Note 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 4.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi Note 4 (mido):
- Copy the latest Redmi Note 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4.
– Make sure you have a latest or a compatible custom Recovery that should be able to install Android Pie on Redmi Note 4.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4, then flash the Android GApps once again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 4:
This build is reported to be a stable build of Android Pie on Redmi NOTE 4. But, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– How to install OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 4
– How to install LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 4
– How to install crDroid on Redmi Note 4
– How to install AICP 13 on Redmi Note 4
– How to install Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 4
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 4 (mido) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Redmi Note 4 Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
For any help on this ROM, here is the source link on xda.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.