November 25, 2019 at 11:33 AM #101756sibaKeymaster
Bootloader unlock process on Samsung Galaxy phone is a very simple process unlike other OEMs which use fastboot to unlock the bootloader. in addition, I will be taking you through a very simple step by step guide which I bet to be a buttery smooth experience even for the first time users.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy phone?
- Enable Developer options on your Samsung Galaxy phone, which is hidden.
- Find and enable OEM unlocking.
- Then scroll down a little bit and enable the USB debugging.
- Then boot the phone into Download mode either using adb command or by pressing key combination.
- In the download mode, you will see Volume up long press: Device unlock mode. Press and hold the Volume Up button for few seconds till it enters into bootloader unlock mode.
- Once you are on the Unlock bootloader screen, read the message carefully and press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader.
- The phone will restart automatically and will erase all the data.
- If you think the bootloader is unlocked, in fact it might not, yet! Read the below section on how to let VaultKeeper unlock Samsung Galaxy phone’s bootloader permanently.
Allow VaultKeeper to Completely Unlock the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy phone
VaultKeeper, RMM State: prenormal etc. are not new things. They are at least 2 years old from now.
The VaultKeeper is some kind of “thief” protection service that is running on your Samsung Galaxy phone. The VaultKeeper service may try to lock the bootloader again if the following steps are not done immediately after the bootloader unlock on Samsung Galaxy phone.
To make sure that the VaultKeeper fully unlocks the bootloader to allow foreign partition flashing, which is important if you want to flash TWRP or want to ROOT using Magisk etc. then follow the below instructions.
- Immediately after the bootloader unlock, the phone will be wiped and restarted automatically.
- During the setup, connect the Samsung Galaxy phone to an internet source.
- Enable Developer options again!
- Confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and greyed out!
There is something called as
VaultKeeperthat will try to relock the bootloader after the data wipe.
What to do after unlocking bootloader on Samsung Galaxy phone?
– Install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy phone
– You can root the Samsung Galaxy phone
– Install custom ROM such LineageOS 17.1 etc.
If you face any problem after following this guide or your are unable to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy phone, then login and leave a comment on this thread to get an instant reply from any of the forum users.Further, stay tuned to the Samsung Topics for more information on Samsung device specific hacking, unlocking or development guides etc.
? GCam APK | Mod APKMarch 11, 2020 at 12:40 AM #108831BigPulcoParticipant
I have Samsung S5 G900FQ (it is kltejv). Under “devoloper options” there is no “OEM unlocking” option available. So, how I will know that the bootloader is “unlocked”/”locked”
Thanks,April 2, 2020 at 5:04 AM #110169
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.