- This topic is empty.
May 14, 2020 at 10:39 PM #113395RajatParticipant
If you are looking for a guide on rooting the Mi 10, then this is it! With the TWRP for Mi 10 is already available, it is easier to root with Magisk!
So, in this article, I am using Magisk to root Mi 10.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
Magisk is an incredible development towards Rooting on Android which is developed and maintained by John Wu. If you like his work, consider a donation:
– Donate to topjohnwu
Required Downloads to Root Mi 10
A Word of Caution before flashing Magisk on Mi 10!
How to Root Mi 10 with Magisk?
There might be many ways of rooting Mi 10, but here I am going to write down only a single method, that is flashing Magisk installer zip using a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery.
How to Install Magisk to Root Mi 10?
Once ready with the basics, follow the below instructions to install the Magisk installer zip file to root.
- Unlock bootloader of Mi 10 using the link given above
- Install TWRP on Mi 10 using the given link above
- Download and copy the Magisk Installer zip file to your phone
- Reboot the phone into TWRP recovery on Mi 10
- To boot into the recovery mode, connect your phone to the PC, and execute the following command on your PC:
adb reboot recovery
- If you have any PIN lock set on the phone then enter the same PIN on the TWRP (if it is asked) to decrypt the phone’s internal storage
- Click Install > Select the Magisk zip file > Swipe to confirm flash
- Once done, reboot to system and you are done.
As a part of Magisk installation, the Magisk Manager App should have been installed. If not installed for some reason, you can manually install the Magisk Manager APK manually.
The Magisk Manager App is used to manage supersu access, install Magisk modules, manipulate AVB and force encryption, etc.
How to Uninstall Magisk?
If your phone is not booting even after a long time after installing Magisk, then most likely it is in bootloop state! So, install the uninstaller zip file to completely remove the Magisk installation.
Download the Magisk Uninstaller zip file from the same Magisk download link provided above. Install the zip file the way you have installed the Installer zip file.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Mi 10?
Install the ROOT checker app to verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
- Open the Root Checker app and then tap on the Verify Root Status
- If asked, grant the permission to superuser request.
Visit the following to get other updates of Mi 10 forum (codename: UMI) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.