How to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE and install CWM Recovery

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Lenovo Device Forums K3 Note – aio_otfp How to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE and install CWM Recovery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

This post will guide you how to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE. This one is brought to you by developer kangel.

How to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing custom recovery on your device may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. Understand the fact that you are the only person responsible for everything that you do with you device. The work belongs to the corresponding developer. Neither we nor the developer is responsible for any damage caused by this guide. If you blame me for a disaster that happened to your device then I will simply laugh at you.

Before going into details of how to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE, make sure that you have the following things in hand to start with.

Required things for this “how to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE” guide:

Fastboot and adb binaries + CWM recovery file
    Latest SuperSU package by chainfire
    Lenovo K3 NOTE USB drivers
    – Enough time with a smart and cool brain

You may follow the below link to backup all the data on your android device prior to start this process:
    Step by step guide to take full backup of your phone data

STEP by STEP guide of how to ROOT Lenovo K3 NOTE and install custom recovery:

The complete process will be split into two things as following:

• Installing a custom recovery (CWM recovery)
    • Installing the ROOT package (SuperSU) using the custom recovery

Flashing a Custom Recovery:

STEP 1:

Extract the fastboot and adb binaries zip file to a folder that can be easily accessible in command prompt.
    The CWM recovery file is also there inside the adb and fastboot binaries zip package.

STEP 2:

Now open the command prompt and type the following command to install the custom recovery image onto your Lenovo K3 NOTE device:

$ fastboot flash recovery <recovery_image_file.name>

Place the recovery image name in the <recovery_image_file.name> field.

$ fastboot reboot

Lenovo K3 NOTE Rooting guide:

NOTE:
    Rooting guide will only work only after the custom recovery installation.
    If you will SKIP the custom recovery installation process and perform only these steps then rooting will not be done.

STEP 1:

Copy the SuperSu zip file to your phone (By using a USB cable or via adb push command).

STEP 2:

After copying the SuperSu zip file to your SD card you have to go to the recovery and there you have to install this zip file.
    Press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power button to go to recovery

Or use the following command in a command console on a PC:

$ adb reboot recovery
    STEP 3:

Select the Install zip and choose Install zip from /sdcard option in your recovery.
    Select the SuperSu binary zip file where you have kept in the SD card.

Enjoy the rooted Lenovo K3 NOTE and all that rooted features and all beautiful custom ROMs for your device. We will come up with some custom ROMs for your phone as soon as they are made available.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
    If you are unable to enter into the bootloader mode via adb command above then do the following:
    Check if the device is showing when you type the following command:

$ adb devices

If no device is listed by adb then make sure that you have installed the Lenovo K3 NOTE USB drivers properly.
    If it shows in the device list but shows as UNAUTHORIZED, then please make sure that you have enabled USB debugging on your phone.

Source

Linux User
    Participant

I’ve tried flashing CWM as well as TWRP recovery (from http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Lenovo%20K3%20Note) using the commands given above. But when I reboot my phone in recovery mode, it always start Lenovo recovery. The custom recovery is not getting installed / executed for some reason. Can you tell me what could be the reason?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.