- August 26, 2016 at 12:33 AM #5912shibaa987Moderator
After the source code release of Android Nougat just a couple of days back we have now many Android Nougat Custom ROMs for Nexus 6p. Since then we have the Debloated AOSP ROM for Nexus 6p and the Official Nougat OTA release for Nexus 6p and now we have another custom ROM, the WETA 7.2 ROM based on AOSP and is brought to you by Mentalmuso. This is packed with many audio mods (audiophiles) and many more things listed below in the features section.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a Nexus device requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Nexus phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.ROM FEATURES:
- A.R.I.S.E Leviticus V1.3 with Dolby Atmos (by guitardedhero and Ben Feutrill)
- ViPER4Android 184.108.40.206 and Pre-installed Super Quality audio driver (by viper520 and zhuhang)
- Sony Xperia™ Z5 Premium audio system
- Beats™ libraries and effects
- Dolby Atmos™
- Pre-rooted and busybox installed
- Battery mod options
- Clock mod options
- Many more UI, NavBar and other customizations
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR NEXUS 6p WETA 7.2 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL/FLASH NEXUS 6p (CODENAME: ANGLER) WETA 7.2 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM (ANDROID 7.0):
- Download the Nougat GApps, WETA 7.2 Nougat CUSTOM ROM for the Nexus 6p from the above downloads section.
- Make sure you have a Linux/Windows PC or a MAC installed with Fastboot and adb binaries. If not then you can follow one of the following guides based on your PC OS:
15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux or MAC
- Boot into fastboot mode (bootloader mode) by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations: Power Button + Volume Down while turning on your Nexus.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now flash the vendor.img using fastboot, by executing the following command in a command console:
fastboot flash vebdor < path to vendor.img file >THE vendor.img FLASHING MAY BE NEEDED ONLY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER ANDROID VERSION BASE.
THE vendor.img FILE MUST BE FLASHED (IF IT IS NEEDED AT ALL) BEFORE FLASHING THE WETA 7.2 ROM TO GET ALL THE FUNCTIONALITIES.
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery if you are on a non-AOSP based ROM or if you have an encrypted Nexus 6p.YOU NEED NOT TO WIPE ANYTHING IF YOU ARE ON AN AOSP BASED ROM OR THE STOCK FIRMWARE.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Now reboot into recovery and then flash the Nougat AOSP ROM.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- After that flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
After the ROM is flashed, reboot the phone, do the initial setup and enjoy the faster debloated, pre-rooted, audiophile packed WETA 7.2 Android Nougat AOSP ROM on Nexus 6p. If you face any problems then login and comment here to get an instant reply.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.