- This topic is empty.
March 29, 2020 at 1:48 AM #109908Mod APKKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2 is now available to download from an unofficial build. This article explains how to install the LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2 with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2?
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for ROG Phone 2 and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for ROG Phone 2
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
- ADB Sideload the ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2 (I001D)
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the ROM zip file
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for ROG Phone 2.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 then flash the GApps again.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot the phone.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1?
Visit this link to get the GCam for ROG Phone 2.
GCam 7.x are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of compatible Google Camera for all available devices to find a suitable one for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the ROG Phone 2 (I001D) LineageOS forum for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.