- This topic is empty.
- March 29, 2020 at 1:48 AM #109908Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2 is now available to download from an unofficial build. This article explains how to install the LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2 with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2 requires an unlock bootloader, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 and for ROG Phone 2?
- I001D LineageOS 17.1 Download (as of 28th March 2020 the builds were not started)
- ROG Phone 2 TWRP Download (I001D) to flash LineageOS 17.1 build
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2?
Following are the two sub-sections of this ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2 from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for ROG Phone 2 and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for ROG Phone 2– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1 zip file– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2 (I001D)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for ROG Phone 2, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the ROM zip file
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for ROG Phone 2.– Here is a post explaining how to use ADB sideload using TWRP to install LineageOS 17.1
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 then flash the GApps again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on ROG Phone 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot the phone.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guideIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 2 LineageOS 17.1?
Visit this link to get the GCam for ROG Phone 2.
GCam 7.x are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of compatible Google Camera for all available devices to find a suitable one for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the ROG Phone 2 (I001D) LineageOS forum for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.