- March 22, 2018 at 4:57 PM #31259
Resurrection Remix Oreo for Galaxy S5 Docomo is now available to download via a development version. This Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 Android Oreo 8.1 ROM for Galaxy S5 Docomo (kltedcm) is brought to you by developer voidz-maguro (voidz777).
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
– No donation link found for voidz-maguro.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF RESURRECTION REMIX ANDROID OREO (8.1), WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Galaxy S5 Docomo requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S5 Docomo Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM Download:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE Galaxy S5 Docomo RESURRECTION REMIX OREO ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE RESURRECTION REMIX OREO ROM FOR Galaxy S5 Docomo (ANDROID OREO 8.1, RR v6.0.0 ROM):
Follow this to Install Resurrection Remix Android Oreo on Galaxy S5 Docomo for the first time or coming from another Android ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the Galaxy S5 Docomo Android Oreo ROM zip file from the above download link and copy the files to phone.
- Flash the Galaxy S5 Docomo RR Oreo ROM zip from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a ROM zip using TWRP.
Upgrading from earlier version of RR Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Galaxy S5 Docomo:
- Copy the latest Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest RR Oreo ROM ZIP from your phone and wait till it finishes flashing.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Galaxy S5 Docomo. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
Rooting Resurrection Remix Android Oreo ROM on Galaxy S5 Docomo:
There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
Here is how to How to ROOT RR Oreo ROM, a step-by-step guide !!!
The above link is for LineageOS 15.1 Rooting guide, because RR Oreo is based on LineageOS 15.1.
Attachments:March 23, 2018 at 11:46 AM #31290
Thank you! Been running your RR-O-v6.0.0-20180314 release since the day you put it up! With the exception of video recording, it works great! I am looking forward to your next release, and hoping the video issue gets sorted out. Again, thank you for your diligent work on this!!
PeteApril 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM #31868
Updated to RR-O-v6.0.0-20180330-kltedcm-Unofficial.zip, seems to be running fine. Unfortunately, video recording still is not functional. Nonetheless, thank you for the update!
PeteApril 1, 2018 at 11:58 AM #31869
shibaa987ParticipantMay 5, 2018 at 11:47 AM #36034
I’m really hoping for some more of this, please, please! 🙂May 27, 2018 at 9:34 AM #37624
Woohoo! A new release available, 05/26! Testing now.
And, I can now record video again!!! Super happy! Thank you!!June 5, 2018 at 1:36 AM #38297
My bluetooth game pad not working. It’s found and connected and recognize as input device but all the button not shown any feedback when i press it. Anyone has the same issue?June 6, 2018 at 7:42 AM #38353
I don’t have or use any gamepads with my phone so can’t comment on that directly, but have had no problems with BlueTooth headphones. Both the Apt-X and LDAC codecs are functioning perfectly.June 7, 2018 at 8:13 PM #38488
this RR v6.0.0 rom (latest) is almost perfect for me, but the fast charging only till 60% then slow charge and sometimes it’s stop charging… that’s a problem to me…
now i’m back to RR 5.8.5 ( Nougat 14.1 december 2017) because i don’t want to wasting my time to charge…
can i make it full fast charging like RR 14.1 from 1% – 100% without any problem?
please let me know it if there is a way… thanks…
NB: forgot to mention, health sensor is offline in this version… so, you can’t use your health service/application anymore…June 7, 2018 at 8:51 PM #38490
Sorry to hear about that, vtvplgn. FWIW, I’m not having any charging issues.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.