- This topic is empty.
March 27, 2020 at 5:05 PM #113341CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
A working build of TWRP for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom).
This Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) TWRP is brought to you by developer wzsx150.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work of the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to wzsx150 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for wzsx150
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developerDISCLAIMER:
Installing TWRP recovery on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
– TWRP version: 3.4.1
– Device Codename: lmi
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 28th March 2020
– Based on MIUI FW: v22.214.171.124.QJKCNXM
Where to download TWRP for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)?Below is a list of files or guides required to install or flash TWRP recovery on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom). The next section has a step by step guide that explains when and how to use these files or guides in the process.
- Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom), USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) (codename: lmi)
- MiFlash Unlock Tool download
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
How to Install TWRP on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom).
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
Visit this Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) Bootloader Unlock page to get a detailed step-by-step guide with screenshots.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
Add your Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) to the Mi account registered on your phone.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download and extract the Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) TWRP zip file. There you will get recovery.img and misc.bin file.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute the below commands to flash the twrp and the misc.bin file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
fastboot flash misc misc.binWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom).
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom). For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom). Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
Following are some extra resources for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)
– GCam for Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom)Visit the following to get other updates of Redmi K30 Pro (Zoom) forum (codename: lmi) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.