- This topic is empty.
- March 31, 2020 at 7:35 AM #110076sibaKeymaster
Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus is now available to download. This article explains how to install Redmi 5 Plus LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This build of Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus is brought to you by developer widi aprianto. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to widi aprianto and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for widi aprianto
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus, which may have many bugs.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Installing LineageOS 17.1 requires an unlock bootloader on Redmi 5 Plus, which will delete all data. Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
What is working on this Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus?KNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus?
Below are some download links and other guides which are required to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus.
- ROM Download link of Redmi 5 Plus LineageOS 17.1
- Redmi 5 Plus TWRP recovery Download for to flash this Lineage OS 17.1 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus?
Following are the two sub-sections of this update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus from a previous build
Installing LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Redmi 5 Plus Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first, install a TWRP and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi 5 Plus
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Redmi 5 Plus.– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
How to ROOT Redmi 5 Plus LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to Root LineageOS 17.1If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 5 Plus LineageOS 17.1?
Gcam 7.x is compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera for available devicesStay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 5 Plus (vince) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.