- September 16, 2019 at 10:03 AM #96862sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer ayandebnath and another build of LineageOS 17.1 is by baunilla.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 5, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5 requires an unlock bootloader on Redmi 5, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES on ayandebnath’s build:
– Double tap to wake (DT2W)
– Chrome is unstable (use another browser)KNOWN ISSUES on baunilla’s build:
– Fingerprint not detected (Goodix only?)
– Camera low-light artifacts (use zoom to fix)
– SELinux permissive, public test-keys
– Some idle battery drain
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5?
- ROM Download link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17.1 by baunilla
- ROM Download link | Mirror Link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 by ayandebnath
- ROM Download link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 by baunilla (updated on November 3rd)
- Redmi 5 TWRP Download | Another TWRP Download for this LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- GApps for this build is not required.
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi 5 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Redmi 5– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 (rosy):Follow this LineageOS 17 upgrade for Redmi 5 if you are upgrading from this build. If you are upgrading from other LineageOS 17 build from other developer, then probably you have to do a clean flash.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Redmi 5.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 5.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Redmi 5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 5 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 5 (rosy) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.