- This topic is empty.
May 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM #112393Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Currently Android 11 is in BETA which is only available for Pixel devices as Developer previews. One such Android 11 for Poco F1 is available to install, which is otherwise a Developer preview ported from Pixel 2.
This Android 11 for Poco F1 is brought to you by Erfan Abdi (erfanoabdi). If you appreciate his efforts, you may wish to donate to him.
In this posts I am presenting a step-by-step guide on how to install Android 11 on Poco F1.To install this Android 11 you need to have an unlock bootloader on the phone.
Make sure you BACKUP all the data and all the partitions of your phone before installing this ROM.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for anything wrong done by you.
Other Android 11 or 10 Downloads for Poco F1
Android 11 is highly unstable at this moment because this is a developer preview build and no proper vendor image is available for Poco F1 that can run the Android 11 very smoothly.
So, if you want to switch back to Android 10 on Poco F1, then below are some of the custom ROMs available:
– LineageOS 17.1 download
– Android 10 download
– Bliss ROM Android 10 download
– RR Android 10 download
Where to Download Android 11 for Poco F1?
- Android 11 DP2 GSI Download for Poco F1
- TWRP for Poco F1
- Pixel ROM for Poco F1 (the vendor image from this ROM is required to boot Android 11 on Poco F1)
- Force Encrypt disabler (Download the DisableForceEncryption-Xiaomi-lineage-17.1.zip)
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC or Linux or MAC.
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Android 11 on Poco F1?This installation process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
It is not a straight forward task like installing an APK file on Android. Follow this guide to prepare the phone and make the necessary system setup.
- First, Unlock the bootloader of Poco F1
This will delete all the data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data.
– Backup data on Android
- Then, download and install the latest fastboot utility.
Follow the links given in the above downloads section to install and configure Fastboot successfully.
- Download and install the TWRP recovery on Poco F1.
TWRP download link for Poco F1 is given above.
After downloading TWRP, follow the guide given above that explains how to install TWRP.
Installing Android 11 on Poco F1
By now, you should have an unlocked bootloader and a TWRP installed on your Poco F1 phone. Follow the below steps to install Android 11.
– If you have followed the above steps correctly, then you would be running Android 11 on Poco F1.
- Download and extract the Android 11 GSI file and keep it in your PC.
- Boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
Press and hold the Power button + Volume Up button to boot into recovery mode.
– If you don’t have the TWRP recovery in this mode, then you might have done something wrong while flashing it in the previous step.
Flash the TWRP again and come back here.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition from the TWRP recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB sideload the Pixel ROM zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or any other recovery.It is important to install the Pixel ROM because the vendor from this ROM is only able to boot the Android 11 on Poco F1.
- Once the flashing is done, reboot the phone to fastboot mode and connect the phone to the PC.
Press and hold the Power button + Volume Down button to boot into fastboot mode.
- Flash the Android 11 system image using fastboot command on the PC. Execute the below command on a command prompt or a terminal:
fastboot flash system Pixel-AB-R-20200403-ErfanGSI.img
- Once done reboot the phone normally.
Once installed, Poco F1, you may want to ROOT or in stall GCam on the phone. You may get relevant information regarding this in the below sections.
How to Get GCam for Poco F1 on Android 11?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with Android 11 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of GCam APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.
That’s all on installing Android 11 on Poco F1. If you face any issues while following this guide or unable to flash or the Android 11 is not booting or something like that then, you can always leave a reply to get a response from the users.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Poco F1 (beryllium) forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.