- August 22, 2018 at 2:35 AM #45432
Good news for Redmi 4A users as Android Pie 9 for Redmi 4A is now available to download from an initial build. This post guides how to download and install Pixel Experience Android Pie on Redmi 4A.
This Pixel Experience build of Redmi 4A Android Pie 9 is brought to you by sunnyraj84348.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to sunnyraj84348 for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for sunnyraj84348
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR Redmi 4A (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ON Redmi 4A.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi 4A, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Redmi 4A Android Pie update guide:
- Required Downloads to install Pixel Experience Android Pie 9 on Redmi 4A
- Installing Pixel Experience Android Pie 9 on Redmi 4A
- Troubleshooting the Redmi 4A Android Pie 9 Pixel Experience
Status of this Pixel Experience Android Pie on Redmi 4A:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9 FOR Redmi 4A:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9 ON Redmi 4A:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4A for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9 Pie for Redmi 4A.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 4A phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Redmi 4A Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Then flash the Redmi 4A Pixel Experience Pie ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4A.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi 4A (rolex):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi 4A ROM ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4A.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi 4A.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi 4A.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9 ON Redmi 4A:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi 4A is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 4A
– AOSP Oreo ROM for Redmi 4A
– RR Oreo for Redmi 4A
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 4A (rolex) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Redmi 4A Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.