August 22, 2018 at 2:16 AM #45425GuestModerator
Good news for Mi 6 users as Android Pie 9 for Mi 6 is now available to download from a near stable build. This post guides how to download and install Pixel Experience Android Pie on Mi 6.
This Pixel Experience build of Mi 6 Android Pie 9 is brought to you by Verevka.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Verevka for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to Verevka
Content structure of Mi 6 Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Pixel Experience Android Pie on Mi 6:WHAT’S WORKING:
– EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9 FOR Mi 6:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP recovery for Mi 6
– Here is the how to install TWRP for Mi 6.
– This recovery guide requires an unlock bootloader on Mi 6.
- Firmware download required for this ROM
- Pixel Experience downlaod link to the Pixel Experience Android Pie 9 for Mi 6
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9 ON Mi 6:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9 Pie on Mi 6 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9 Pie for Mi 6.
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Mi 6 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
- Download and Copy the 184.108.40.206 firmware, Mi 6 Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- First flash the firmware.
- Then flash the Mi 6 Pixel Experience Pie ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Mi 6.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Mi 6 (sagit):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Mi 6 ROM ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Mi 6.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Mi 6.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Mi 6.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9 ON Mi 6:
Of course this Android Pie build for Mi 6 is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Mi 6
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Mi 6
– OmniROM Oreo ROM for Mi 6
– MIUI 9 for Mi 6
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 24, 2019 at 3:23 PM #99030
- TWRP recovery for Mi 6
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.