August 22, 2018 at 2:50 AM #45435GuestModerator
Good news for LG V30 users as Android Pie 9 for LG V30 is now available to download from an initial build. This post guides how to download and install Pixel Experience Android Pie on LG V30.
This Pixel Experience build of LG V30 Android Pie 9 is brought to you by SGCMarkus.This is a dated update. At this moment, Android 11 download is available and we have the LineageOS 18 for LG V30.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to SGCMarkus for the effort to build this ROM:
– Donate to SGCMarkus
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR LG V30 (Android 9) WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS IF AT ALL BOOTS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ON LG V30.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on LG V30, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of LG V30 Android Pie update guide:
- Required Downloads to install Pixel Experience Android Pie 9 on LG V30
- Installing Pixel Experience Android Pie 9 on LG V30
- Troubleshooting the LG V30 Android Pie 9 Pixel Experience
Status of this Pixel Experience Android Pie on LG V30:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9 FOR LG V30:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9 ON LG V30:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9 Pie on LG V30 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9 Pie for LG V30.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your LG V30 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the LG V30 Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Then flash the LG V30 Pixel Experience Pie ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on LG V30.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on LG V30 (h930):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for LG V30 ROM ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on LG V30.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on LG V30.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for LG V30.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9 ON LG V30:
Of course this Android Pie build for LG V30 is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for LG V30Stay tuned or Subscribe to the LG V30 (h930) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, LG V30 Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.