- August 20, 2018 at 1:36 PM #45107
Good news for P8 Lite users as Android Pie 9.0 for P8 Lite is now available to download from a near stable build. This post guides how to download and install Pixel Experience Android Pie on P8 Lite.
This Pixel Experience build of P8 Lite Android Pie 9.0 is brought to you by Askuccio_DROID.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Askuccio_DROID for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for Askuccio_DROID
THIS IS REPORTED AS A BETA BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR P8 Lite (Android 9).
BUT STILL MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ON P8 Lite.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on P8 Lite, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of P8 Lite Android Pie update guide:
- Required Downloads to install Pixel Experience Android Pie 9.0 on P8 Lite
- Installing Pixel Experience Android Pie 9.0 on P8 Lite
- Troubleshooting the P8 Lite Android Pie 9.0 Pixel Experience
Status of this Pixel Experience Android Pie on P8 Lite:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Wifi Hotspot
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR P8 Lite:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON P8 Lite:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on P8 Lite for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for P8 Lite.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your P8 Lite phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the P8 Lite Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the P8 Lite Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on P8 Lite.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on P8 Lite (alice):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for P8 Lite ROM ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on P8 Lite.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on P8 Lite.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for P8 Lite.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON P8 Lite:
Of course this Android Pie build for P8 Lite is not stable yet. So, if in case of a problem, you can install any huawei stock firmware for P8 Lite.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the P8 Lite (alice) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, P8 Lite Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.