- August 20, 2018 at 12:55 PM #45091shibaa987Participant
Good news for P20 Lite users as Android Pie 9.0 for P20 Lite is now available to download from a near stable build. This post guides how to download and install Pixel Experience Android Pie on P20 Lite.
This Pixel Experience build of P20 Lite Android Pie 9.0 is brought to you by DarkJoker360.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to DarkJoker360 for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to DarkJoker360
THIS IS REPORTED AS A BETA BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR P20 Lite (Android 9).
BUT STILL MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ON P20 Lite.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on P20 Lite, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of P20 Lite Android Pie update guide:
- Required Downloads to install Pixel Experience Android Pie 9.0 on P20 Lite
- Installing Pixel Experience Android Pie 9.0 on P20 Lite
- Troubleshooting the P20 Lite Android Pie 9.0 Pixel Experience
Status of this Pixel Experience Android Pie on P20 Lite:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Wifi Hotspot
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR P20 Lite:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON P20 Lite:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on P20 Lite for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for P20 Lite.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your P20 Lite phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the P20 Lite Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the P20 Lite Android 9 Pie Pixel Experience ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on P20 Lite.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on P20 Lite (hi6250):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for P20 Lite ROM ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on P20 Lite.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on P20 Lite.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for P20 Lite.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON P20 Lite:
Of course this Android Pie build for P20 Lite is not stable yet. So, if in case of a problem, you can install any huawei stock firmware for P20 Lite.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the P20 Lite (hi6250) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, P20 Lite Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.