- This topic is empty.
- May 5, 2020 at 8:04 PM #112662sibaKeymaster
Currently Android 11 is in BETA which is only available for Pixel devices as Developer previews. One such Android 11 for OnePlus 5 is available to install, which is otherwise a Developer preview ported from Pixel 2.
This is GSI build of Android 11 for OnePlus 5 which is brought to you by Erfan Abdi (erfanoabdi). If you appreciate his efforts, you may wish to donate to him.
In this posts I am presenting a step-by-step guide on how to install Android 11 on OnePlus 5.To install this Android 11 you need to have an unlock bootloader on the phone.
Make sure you BACKUP all the data and all the partitions of your phone before installing this ROM.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for anything wrong done by you.
Other Android 11 or 10 Downloads for OnePlus 5
Android 11 is highly unstable at this moment because this is a developer preview build and no proper vendor image is available for OnePlus 5 that can run the Android 11 very smoothly.
So, if you want to switch back to Android 10 on OnePlus 5, then below are some of the custom ROMs available:
– LineageOS 17.1 download
– Android 10 download
– Bliss ROM Android 10 download
– RR Android 10 download
Where to Download Android 11 for OnePlus 5?
- Android 11 DP2 GSI Download for OnePlus 5
- LineageOS 16 download (vendor image from this ROM is required)
- MakeMeSAR zip download
- No-verity zip download
- TWRP for OnePlus 5
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC or Linux or MAC.
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
Known issues on OnePlus 5 Android 11– Unknown
How to Install Android 11 on OnePlus 5?This installation process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
Preparing to Install Android 11 on OnePlus 5
It is not a straight forward task like installing an APK file on Android. Follow this guide to prepare the phone and make the necessary system setup.
- First, download and install the latest fastboot utility.Follow the links given in the above downloads section to install and configure Fastboot successfully.
- Then, Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5This will delete all the data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data.
– Backup data on Android
- Download and install the TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5.TWRP download link for OnePlus 5 is given above. After downloading TWRP, follow the guide given above that explains how to install TWRP.
Installing Android 11 on OnePlus 5
By now, you should have an unlocked bootloader and a TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5 phone. Follow the below steps to install Android 11.
– If you have followed the above steps correctly, then you would be running Android 11 on OnePlus 5.
- Download and extract the Android 11 GSI file, download the LineageOS 16 zip file, MakeMeSAR zip file, the no-verity zip file and keep it in your PC and copy it into the phone.
- Boot into the TWRP recovery mode and flash the LineageOS 16 zip file and then flash the no-verity zip file using ADB sideload or by choosing install from TWRP menu.
- Wipe data, and cache partition from the TWRP recovery.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Then flash the MakeMeSAR zip fileThe MakeMeSAR file must be included before installing an Android 10 or later GSI.
- Once done, boot into the bootloader mode and flash the Android 11 image extracted from the zip filePress and hold the Power button + Volume Down button to boot into bootloader or fastboot mode.
Execute the below command to flash the system image:
fastboot flash system Pixel-AB-R-20200403-ErfanGSI.img
- Boot into the TWRP recovery modePress and hold the Power button + Volume Up button to boot into recovery mode.
- Boot into the TWRP recovery mode and flash the no-verity zip file using ADB sideload or by choosing install from TWRP menu.
- Once done reboot the phone normally.
Once installed, OnePlus 5, you may want to ROOT or in stall GCam on the phone. You may get relevant information regarding this in the below sections.
How to Get GCam for OnePlus 5 on Android 11?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with Android 11 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of GCam APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.
That’s all on installing Android 11 on OnePlus 5. If you face any issues while following this guide or unable to flash or the Android 11 is not booting or something like that then, you can always leave a reply to get a response from the users.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.