- December 12, 2017 at 8:39 AM #29962
AOSP based Omni Oreo for OnePlus 5t is now available via a development version. This Android Oreo ROM for OnePlus 5t (dumpling) is brought to you by darkobas.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to darkobas:
– Donate to darkobasDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF ANDROID OREO (Android 8.0), WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the OnePlus 5t requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of OnePlus 5t Omni Oreo 8.0 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– speakerphone volume can’t be changed
– HFR/HSR camcorder recording doesn’t work
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE OnePlus 5t OREO ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE ANDROID OREO FOR OnePlus 5t (ANDROID OREO 8.0, Omni ROM):
Follow this to update Android Oreo on OnePlus 5t for the first time or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the OnePlus 5t Android Oreo ROM zip file from the above download link and copy the files to phone.
- Flash the OnePlus 5t Oreo Omni ROM zip from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a ROM zip using TWRP.
Upgrading from earlier version of Omni Android Oreo ROM for OnePlus 5t:
- Copy the latest OnePlus 5t Oreo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Android Oreo Omni ROM ZIP from your phone and wait till it finishes flashing.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for OnePlus 5t. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
To root this OnePlus 5t Oreo Omni ROM, flash the SuperSU and then Profit !!!
If you have any BUGs or issue to report then here is the dev thread for this ROM.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.