- April 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM #2897
Omni ROM has delivered Android Marshmallow for Galaxy S (GT-I9000/M/T) users. This is an UNOFFICIAL build developed by sooti. Omni ROM is basically built on top of stock AOSP (Android Open Source Project).
[Android Marshmallow for Galaxy S i9000]DISCLAIMER:
Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Neither the developer nor we will be held responsible for any disaster that happens to your device.WORKING LIST:
– Wifi and BT
– Camera (use third party such as open camera)
– Internal SD (using data partition for now since we need to add a commit to emulate the full storage partition)
– Audio + vibrate
– Buttons (except home to wake, just use power button to wake for now)
– USB storage (Make sure you disable debug mode when you use it since it causes issues mounting it sometimes)KNOWN ISSUE:
– SELINUX (disabled for now)
– External Storage (SD), causes bootloops
– Many other smaller things, feel free to comment about device issues to get them fixed
Files needed to install Omni Marshmallow ROM for galaxy S:
Galaxy S OMNI Marshmallow ROM flashing guide:STEP 1:
Extract the GApps after downloading.
Copy the Omni ROM and extracted GApps zip file to your phone (By using a USB cable or via adb push command).STEP 2:
Reboot your phone into recovery mode (Hole Volume UP + HOME + Power button while the phone is booting)
Or if you have a PC in hand with USB driver installed for your phone then type the following command to enter into recovery mode:
$ adb reboot recoverySTEP 3:
format data partition to f2fs and then Wipe data/factory reset.
This will delete all your data on your phone.
You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup of complete ROM.STEP 4:
Select the Install Zip from sdcard option.
Select the Omni ROM zip and then followed by the GApps zip file.
The flashing may take a while, so please be patient.
When it will be done you can reboot your phone and enjoy the Omni ROM, Android Marshmallow for Galaxy S GT-I9000.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.