August 30, 2018 at 2:15 AM #47353GuestModerator
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) is now available to download. This is a step by step guide on how to install Official LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS A NIGHTLY BUILD OF Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS 15.1 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlocked bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Content structure:
- Required Downloads to install OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Install OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Rooting the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Zenfone Max Pro M1 LineageOS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM, so you need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access.
- TWRP recovery for Zenfone Max Pro M1
– Here is the how to install TWRP for Zenfone Max Pro M1. This recovery guide requires an unlock bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- ROM Download link to install OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Install GApps on Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Here is LineageOS 15.1 Rooting Guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work even after flashing LineageOS su binary for some reason, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Zenfone Max Pro M1 LINEAGE OS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are installing LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1 for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 15.1 GApps and Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP Install Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Install the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the GApps for LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo GApps package).
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Try Google Camera APK, Android Apps and Games for Zenfone Max Pro M1:
If you have found any BUG on this Zenfone Max Pro M1 OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) forum For other Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSFebruary 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM #72418spamonymousMemberHi,Is the ‘D’ in X00TD a placeholder for any digit, or is there actually an X00TD model? And do you know whether this rom will work on the specific models 90AX00T3-M01330 and 90AX00T3-M01350 (found here: https://www.amazon.fr/Asus-Zenfone-Smartphone-portable-débloqué/dp/B07GF539GZ)?February 14, 2019 at 9:14 AM #72688CyanogenMod DevKeymasterFebruary 20, 2019 at 5:24 AM #73191spamonymousMember
Just received it. It does actually say X00TD on the box and in the system preferences. Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.