- August 29, 2018 at 7:21 PM #47345shibaa987Moderator
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Nextbit Robin (ether) is now available to download. This is a step by step guide on how to install Official LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS A NIGHTLY BUILD OF Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlocked bootloader on Nextbit Robin, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Content structure:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Nextbit Robin LineageOS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in the Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM, so you need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access.
- TWRP recovery for Nextbit Robin
– Here is the how to install TWRP for Nextbit Robin. This recovery guide requires an unlock bootloader on Nextbit Robin.
- ROM Download link to install OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin
- Install GApps on Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Here is LineageOS 15.1 Rooting Guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work even after flashing LineageOS su binary for some reason, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Nextbit Robin LineageOS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are installing LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 15.1 GApps and Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP Install Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Install the Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the GApps for LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin (ether):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Nextbit Robin.
If you have found any BUG on this Nextbit Robin OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nextbit Robin (ether) forum For other Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- TWRP recovery for Nextbit Robin
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.