- November 12, 2018 at 6:16 PM #59917
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra (discovery) is now available to download on the OFFICIAL LineageOS website. This is a step by step guide that explains how to install the Official Xperia XA2 Ultra Lineage OS 15.1 ROM.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Starting from Lineage OS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
THIS IS AN INITIAL OFFICIAL LINEAGE OS 15.1 BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlocked bootloader on Xperia XA2 Ultra, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- Required Downloads for this OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra
- Installing OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 on Xperia XA2 Ultra
- Rooting the Xperia XA2 Ultra OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 ROM
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Xperia XA2 Ultra Lineage OS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
- TWRP recovery for Xperia XA2 Ultra
- OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra
- GApps download for OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 ROM, so you need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access on the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM build. Here is Lineage OS 15.1 Rooting guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Xperia XA2 Ultra LINEAGE OS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Xperia XA2 Ultra OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Xperia XA2 Ultra OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for Lineage OS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 on Xperia XA2 Ultra.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra (discovery):
- Copy the latest OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
– If you are on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 then you will be allowed to download the latest OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 using the updater app but you won’t be allowed to upgrade to LineageOS 15.1 on top of LineageOS 14.1
– So, you need to export the downloaded Lineage OS 15.1 ROM build file to the SD card or phone memory from the updater app:
You can export the downloaded package to the sdcard/phone memory from the Updater app by long-pressing the downloaded file and then selecting “Export” on the top menu
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Xperia XA2 Ultra, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Xperia XA2 Ultra, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia XA2 Ultra.
If you have found any BUG on this Xperia XA2 Ultra OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Xperia XA2 Ultra (discovery) forum For other Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.January 4, 2019 at 11:09 AM #65716
Hey LuK1337 and trong>Chenji, I was wondering if this ROM will run on the H4233(64gb model)? Happy New year to you both, and thank you for maintaining this device.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.