June 27, 2018 at 1:08 AM #39377GuestModerator
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force (nash) is now available to download on the OFFICIAL LineageOS website. This is a step by step guide that explains how to install the Official Moto Z2 Force LineageOS 15.1 ROM.
This Moto Z2 Force LineageOS 15.1 OFFICIAL build is maintained by npjohnson.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlocked bootloader on Moto Z2 Force, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Moto Z2 Force LineageOS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Moto Z2 Force LineageOS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:NOTE:
If you are on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 ROM then follow the LineageOS 15.1 Upgrade guide in the next section to upgrade to the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1.Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Moto Z2 Force OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Moto Z2 Force OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force (nash):
If you are on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 (yes, I mean the Android Nougat based OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1) then you don’t need to wipe the data and you can upgrade to the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 just by cleaning the system partition.
- Copy the latest OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
– If you are on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 then you will be allowed to download the latest OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 using the updater app but you won’t be allowed to upgrade to LineageOS 15.1 on top of LineageOS 14.1
– So, you need to export the downloaded LineageOS 15.1 ROM build file to the SD card or phone memory from the updater app:
You can export the downloaded package to the sdcard/phone memory from the Updater app by long-pressing the downloaded file and then selecting “Export” on the top menu
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force.
If you have found any BUG on this Moto Z2 Force OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.