[NOUGAT] How to Update Grand 2 to Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM (ms013g, G7102)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy Grand 2 – G7102 [NOUGAT] How to Update Grand 2 to Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM (ms013g, G7102)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) is now available through an unofficial AOSP ROM update and this is a guide which explains how to update Grand 2 (SM-G7102) to Android Nougat 7.0. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices and we also have updated List of Available CyanogenMod 14 ROMs including the Galaxy Grand 2 CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) NOugat 7.0 ROM. Now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Grand 2 which is brought to you by developer AdityaUpreti.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing a custom ROM on a the Grand 2 requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of AdityaUpreti’s Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) Nougat ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not known

UPDATE GALAXY GRAND 2 NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM (SM-G7102)

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE GALAXY GRAND 2 NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM:

Galaxy Grand 2 CyanogenMOd 14 (CM14) NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM is also available. This is an initial build and you can try at your own risk.

HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE GALAXY GRAND 2 NOUGAT 7.0 AOSP ROM (SM-G7102):

1. Follow this to update AOSP ROM Nougat 7.0 on Grand 2 for the first time or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Download the Grand 2 Nougat zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
      • Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
        – Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
        – If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:

adb reboot recovery
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
        How to backup all data on your Android Device.
        how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

• First flash the Grand 2 Nougat AOSP ZIP from device and then reboot to recovery AGAIN.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
      • Now flash the Google Apps package.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash Nougat GApps using TWRP recovery.
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM for Grand 2 (SM-G7102):

Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Nougat ROM for Grand 2. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply from us.

To root this Galaxy Grand 2 Nougat 7.0 AOSP ROM, download the CF autoroot package and follow the link there to install it and then Profit !!!

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Grand 2 forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

If you have any queries or concerns regarding this ROM then here is Aditya’s development thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

atleast ask my permission before posting and no credits were given to me and No one posted original link to my thread and btw its still WIP

Linux User
    Participant

Hello Aditya, Welcome. I disagree to the claim that I have not given credit to you for your development. If you see closely I have put your name in the first paragraph and also I have created a tag in your name.

I found this link from AFH and posted here. I am unaware of the ROM development link and status yet and hence in my post the ROM status still contains “Not Known“.

It’s your development and work Aditya, I feel honored to have you at this place. If you have the link to the development post then please post it back here so the visitors can reach you directly for any concerns.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You need to paste link of my thread

Linux User
    Participant

my phone restart win I installed room

Linux User
    Participant

It doesn’t work.after all installations, while rebooting it says “kernel is not seandroid enforcing”and”warranty bit kernel”.

Linux User
    Participant

It doesn’t work. After all installations,while rebooting it says “kernel is not seandroid enforcing”and”warranty bit kernel”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.