- This topic is empty.
April 8, 2020 at 12:06 PM #110547Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Nexus 6 is now available to download from an official build. This article explains how to install the official LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 6 with a step-by-step guide.
This Nexus 6 Lineage OS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer Elektroschmock and npjohnson. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
Installing Lineage OS 17.1 on Nexus 6 requires an unlock bootloader, which will delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider taking backup of all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer(s) nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nexus 6 Lineage OS 17.1 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Nexus 6?
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download
- Nexus 6 Lineage Recovery to flash Lineage OS 17.1 build
- GApps for Lineage OS 17.1
- How to Root Lineage OS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB fastboot for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Nexus 6?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Nexus 6 Lineage OS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of Lineage OS 17.1
- Upgrading Lineage OS 17.1 for Nexus 6 from a previous build
First time Installation of Lineage OS 17.1 on Nexus 6This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the Lineage OS 17.1 ROM for Nexus 6 and the GApps for Lineage OS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Nexus 6 Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the Lineage Recovery provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured recovery for Nexus 6
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Nexus 6 Lineage OS 17.1 zip file
– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Lineage OS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Nexus 6.
Upgrading Lineage OS 17.1 on Nexus 6 (shamu)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with Lineage OS 17.1 on Nexus 6.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of Lineage OS 17.1 for Nexus 6, Lineage OS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the ROM zip file
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file for Nexus 6.
– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP to install Lineage OS 17.1
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1 then flash the GApps again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1 on Nexus 6, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT Lineage OS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot the phone.
After installing Lineage OS 17.1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– Lineage OS 17.1 RootingIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for Nexus 6 Lineage OS 17.1?
GCam 7.x are compatible with Lineage OS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of compatible Google Camera APK for all available devices to find a suitable one for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 6 (shamu) LineageOS forum for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.