Need help to wipe OP 3 clean before sell

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Does flashing a new ROM to OnePlus 3 completely destroy all the data on the phone? I got a new oneplus 5 and want to give the 3 to my nephew.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25769]Does flashing a new ROM to OnePlus 3 completely destroy all the data on the phone? I got a new oneplus 5 and want to give the 3 to my nephew.
    [/quote]

As long as you are not wiping internal phone storage, you are safe. The phone data will remain.
    Following tips will help you if you want to retain the data.

NOTE:
    When you choose to wipe in TWRP, it gives you an option to Factory Reset. This option cleans everything, even the Phone internal storage data.
    Make sure you never chose this one while wiping.

I have a step-by-step easy to follow how to wipe using TWRP post which will be helpful to you in this regard.

It is always advised to have a complete backup before wiping anything off the phone.

If you don’t want to retain the data as you said you want to sell it off, then do a factory reset on TWRP or using the stock recovery and all the data on your phone will be gone in seconds.

Linux User
    Participant

@shibaa987 I heard factory reset can’t delete data from Internal memory, is that correct?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25909]@shibaa987 I heard factory reset can’t delete data from Internal memory, is that correct?
    [/quote]

I am not sure of a factory reset done using the stock recovery, but when you do a factory reset using a TWRP recovery, it erases everything from your internal storage. At least that’s what happened with my Moto G and Nexus 4. ;p

If you want to erase the whole data from your phone, you can use fastboot commands otherwise:

fastboot erase data
    fastboot erase userdata

I am not sure if both of them will work (ages ago I used the commands. Over the period of time Android has evolved much.) !!
    Nothing is wrong in trying the commands though.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=257f73]

Does flashing a new ROM to OnePlus 3 completely destroy all the data on the phone? I got a new oneplus 5 and want to give the 3 to my nephew.

As long as you are not wiping internal phone storage, you are safe. The phone data will remain. Following tips will help you if you want to retain the data.

NOTE: When you choose to wipe in TWRP, it gives you an option to Factory Reset. This option cleans everything, even the Phone internal storage data. Make sure you never chose this one while wiping.

I have a step-by-step easy to follow how to wipe Android post which will be helpful to you in this regard.
    It is always advised to have a complete backup before wiping anything off the phone.
    If you don’t want to retain the data as you said you want to sell it off, then do a factory reset on TWRP or using the stock recovery and all the data on your phone will be gone in seconds.
    [/quote]

Have you tried factory reset your Android device? it maybe erase your data from phone.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25773]

As long as you are not wiping internal phone storage, you are safe. The phone data will remain. Following tips will help you if you want to retain the data.
    NOTE: When you choose to wipe in TWRP, it gives you an option to Factory Reset. This option cleans everything, even the Phone internal storage data. Make sure you never chose this one while wiping.
    I have a step-by-step easy to follow how to wipe using TWRP post which will be helpful to you in this regard.
    [/quote]

have you tried factory reset?

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for the advice. But I am not quite familiar with commands. So this may be a good option for me:https://www.tunesbro.com/wipe-android-phone-clean-before-selling.html

Linux User
    Participant

If you find yourself comfortable with that guide then follow that. Just make sure to verify the complete phone for after erasing using their application.
    If the application is not free, then I will not recommend to use that !!

Linux User
    Participant

It is a good choice to wipe your phone before selling that can avoide your personal data being recovered. Choosing a safe eraser tool is important that can make sure the data disapear forever.

Linux User
    Participant

There are lots of such tools on google you just need to search for it. I find this tool for your, you can have a try:
    https://www.mobikin.com/data-clean/erase-android-data-before-selling.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.