November 6, 2018 at 5:10 PM #59385CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
TWRP for MyWigo City 2 is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for MyWigo City 2 and ROOT MyWigo City 2 (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for MyWigo City 2 is brought to you by developer(s) Rortiz0910
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Rortiz0910 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for Rortiz0910
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR MyWigo City 2. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT MyWigo City 2 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.ROOTING MyWigo City 2 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- Required downloads to install TWRP recovery for MyWigo City 2
- How to install TWRP recovery on MyWigo City 2
- What you can do after installing TWRP on MyWigo City 2
- Required downloads and guides for MyWigo City 2 ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on MyWigo City 2 ROOTING guide
- How to check if MyWigo City 2 is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR MyWigo City 2:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR MyWigo City 2, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Mediatek bootloader unlock
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
- TWRP recovery download for MyWigo City 2
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR MyWigo City 2:– Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on MyWigo City 2
– Installing TWRP on MyWigo City 2 requires a Mediatek Scatter file.
– A scatter file of a Mediatek device contains information about different partitions such as the start address, size etc. of each partition.
How to create scatter file for MyWigo City 2:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for MyWigo City 2.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the MyWigo City 2, to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of MyWigo City 2.
– On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for MyWigo City 2.
- Save the scatter file for MyWigo City 2 in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on MyWigo City 2 using SP Flash Tool:– The TWRP flashing on a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
– Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for MyWigo City 2.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on MyWigo City 2 using the scatter file.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP recovery flashed on MyWigo City 2.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the MyWigo City 2 scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
– After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for MyWigo City 2, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on MyWigo City 2 as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to MyWigo City 2, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for MyWigo City 2:
- You can root the MyWigo City 2
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for MyWigo City 2
- You can install some of the mods available on MyWigo City 2
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for MyWigo City 2.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT MyWigo City 2 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR MyWigo City 2 ROOTING:Make sure you have already installed TWRP for MyWigo City 2 and hence unlocked the bootloader.
– Well, this is a very important aspect of Rooting MyWigo City 2 process.
– The SuperSU or the Magisk zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery.
– Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for MyWigo City 2 or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT MyWigo City 2 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to MyWigo City 2. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the MyWigo City 2 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for MyWigo City 2, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a MyWigo City 2 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on MyWigo City 2 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for MyWigo City 2 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the MyWigo City 2 forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.