- January 9, 2019 at 4:02 PM #66431sibaKeymaster
TWRP for Motorola One (deen_sprout) is now available to download from an unofficial build. This post guides how to install TWRP on Motorola One and ROOT Motorola One (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Motorola One is brought to you by developer(s) Borksek
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNVERIFIED BUILD OF TWRP FOR Motorola One. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP EVERYTHING.
INSTALLING TWRP RECOVERY REQUIRES AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Motorola One.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Motorola One MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Motorola One, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Motorola One Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
- Ulocked bootloader on the Motorola One
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Motorola One
- Motorola USB drivers
- TWRP recovery Download for Motorola One
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Motorola One:
- Connect the Motorola One to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloader of Motorola One
- Download the Motorola One TWRP recovery to an easily accessible folder.
- Then, on your PC, go to the folder where you have downloaded the TWRP for Motorola One and then open the command console or a terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder.
– Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Start the phone in bootloader mode.
– Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Motorola One.
– If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
– While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Motorola One
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Motorola One.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should now have installed the TWRP recovery on Motorola One.
You may now want to ROOT Motorola One or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP on Motorola One:
- You can enable How to root Motorola One
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Motorola One
- You can install some of the mods available for Motorola One
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Motorola One.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Motorola One then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Motorola One:
Make sure you have already installed TWRP on Motorola One and hence I believe unlocked the bootloader.
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT access on Motorola One.
– The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Motorola One.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Motorola One or one of the following:
- The Motorola One will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Motorola One.
The required files can be downloaded from the above downloads section
- Next restart the Motorola One to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the Magisk zip file or select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Motorola One ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Motorola One or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Motorola One via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Motorola One or to following the Motorola One rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will rdeen_sprout back to your query as soon as possible.
Attachments:September 5, 2019 at 3:50 AM #96384JenezisParticipant
hi, this root is for moto one 32gb? thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.