- May 16, 2016 at 12:12 AM #3710shibaa987Participant
If you are looking to flash a TWRP recovery on your Moto G Turbo then here is a user-friendly Step-by-Step Moto G Turbo TWRP Recovery Installation Guide. In this guide you will learn How To Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G Turbo. We will be using a Windows PC and a Moto G Turbo with Unlocked bootloader.DISCLAIMER:
Installing TWRP recovery on Moto G Turbo requires the bootloader to be unlocked. Unlocking the bootloader on your Android may VOID your warranty and will delete the data on the phone. You are solely responsible for anything that happens to your device because you are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you in anyway.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data.
Here is a Step by step guide to take full backup of your phone data.
REQUIRED LINKS AND DOWNLOADS FOR MOTO G TURBO TWRP FLASHING GUIDE:
- Motorola USB drivers.
- Unlocked Bootloader. Here is the Bootloader Unlock guide for Moto G Turbo Edition.
- TWRP Recovery Download Link for Moto G Turbo Edition.
- Enough battery backup (More than 60% of battery charge will be good enough).
- A PC with ADB and Fastboot utilities installed:
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Windows
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux and MAC
STEP BY STEP MOTO G TURBO TWRP RECOVERY INSTALLATION GUIDE:
- Install the Motorola USB divers on your PC.
- Unlock the Bootloader of your Moto G Turbo Edition.
If you have not yet done it then here is the Moto G Turbo Bootloader Unlock guide.
- Install Fastboot utility on your PC or MAC (You can SKIP if you have fastboot). Follow the appropriate guide to install Fastboot according to the OS that you use:
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Windows.
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux and MAC.
- Follow the TWRP installation guide using Fastboot to install TWRP on Moto G Turbo.
Make sure to use the TWRP provided in this post’s DOWNLOADS section and not in the guide’s.
DONE!!! You have successfully flashed Moto G Turbo with TWRP recovery. For the rooting guide and custom ROM guides, just stay tuned. Here are some more TWRP guides you may need:
– How to wipe partitions using TWRP
– How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.