- January 25, 2019 at 5:44 PM #69835Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android Pie comes for Smartisan U3 users via Mokee ROM (MK90.0). Here is how you can download and install Android 9.0 based Mokee ROM on Smartisan U3, a step-by-step guide.
This Mokee ROM MK90.0 for Smartisan U3 is brought to you by xingrz.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
You can consider a donation to xingrz for the effort to build this ROM and to the Mokee ROM Project:
– No donation link found for xingrz
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF MOKEE MK90.0 ANDROID PIE ROM FOR Smartisan U3 WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE BASED MK90.0 Mokee ROM.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Smartisan U3, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of this Smartisan U3 Android Pie Mokee ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Download Links to install Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3:
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL Mokee ROM ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Smartisan U3:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the How to install TWRP Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Smartisan U3 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Smartisan U3 Mokee ROM Android Pie ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Smartisan U3 Mokee ROM Android Pie file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 based Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3.
Upgrading from earlier version of Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3 (oscar):
- Copy the latest Smartisan U3 Android Pie Mokee ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Smartisan U3.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the latest update of Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Mokee ROM Android Pie ZIP file that you have copied.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3, then flash the Android Pie GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Smartisan U3.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 BASED Mokee ROM ON Smartisan U3:
Of course this Smartisan U3 Android Pie build is an initial build. If in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo or below then here are some of the options:
– You can flash a stock firmware or any other custom ROM available for the Smartisan U3Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Smartisan U3 (oscar) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mokee ROM Android Pie on Smartisan U3.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.