March 7, 2016 at 11:06 PM #1802
Officially Micromax Canvas 4 (A210) comes with 4.2.1 Android Jellybean. But developer(s) shiv.guddadmath, chrmhoffmann, hyperion70 has ported the Android 4.4.2 AOSP KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210).
The latest kernel version is 3.4.67 that has SELinux support too.Features :
– Real Android AOSP 4.4.2
– The new kernel Linux version 3.4.67
– Evrything worksKnown Bugs :
Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which will VOID your warranty and delete all your data. Understand that YOU are the only person responsible for what happens to your device as a consequence of this installation.
Required Files for the KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 A210:
– KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210) download link
– CWM Recovery for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210)
– Bootloop patch 1 & patch 2
– Charging Patch (If you have charging issue on this ROM)
Installing AOSP KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210):STEP 1:
Download and Copy the KitKat ROM package and the boot loop patches (1 & 2) to your phone.STEP 2:
Boot into recovery. Make sure you have flashed the CWM recovery given above and you are booting into that particular CWM recovery only. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, wipe system and wipe data partition (factory reset).
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BACKUP OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.STEP 3:
Flash the ROM zip package using the custom recovery.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.STEP 4:
Reboot your phone and check out the AOSP KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210).STEP 5:
Those who is facing bootloop issue after flashing this ROM, just go to the BOOT LOOP FIX for this KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210) and follow the steps explained there.
Stay tuned to CyanogenMods to get more updates.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKJune 21, 2016 at 8:18 PM #4156nshantMember
hey please help meJune 24, 2016 at 1:40 PM #4163July 17, 2016 at 4:03 AM #5067horowitzskiMember
MY PHONE KEEPS SHOWING THE “ANDROID” WRITTEN IN TEXT AFTER AN ANIMATION AND NOTHING HAPPENS… FOLLOWED THE ENTIRE STEP BY STEP AND INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFUL. BUT THIS HAPPENS AFTER THAT SEEMS THAT ITS IN A BOOT LOOP. PLEASE HELP TO FIX THISJuly 17, 2016 at 11:13 AM #5069hm1326Member
not work stuck on boot.. i instlled 3 4 times but it doesn’t work at all.. plz help me if you can..July 19, 2016 at 2:23 PM #5088
BOOT LOOP FIX for this KitKat ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 (A210):
Hi horowitzski and hm1326 do the following to FIX the bootloop issue on this ROM.
After flashing the ROM do the following:
- Copy bootloop patch1 and bootloop patch2 files to SD card
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Install the patch1 first and Reboot
- If goes to boot loop again then wipe data and dalvik cache.
[Here is a step by step guide explaining how to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache partition using TWRP recovery. (CWM recovery has a different interface but the process should be similar to that of TWRP recovery)]
- After wiping reboot the phone again.
- Reboot to Recovery once again after the phone boots successfully.
- Install the patch2 and reboot – This time do not wipe data or dalvik cache.
Please let me know if you face the issue once again after following the above steps.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKAugust 5, 2016 at 4:28 PM #5387akshayMember
dude my internal storage is 16 GB but after installing this ROM its showing just 2.5 GB plz help :( p.s.This is the best ROM if not for this problemAugust 17, 2016 at 1:55 PM #5526November 13, 2016 at 8:28 PM #9225Ujjwal SharmaMember
After flashing this rom, It boots up but as soon as i reach the welcome screen it says “Unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped” and it is stuck at that. Can anybody help??February 21, 2017 at 7:14 PM #13389shivaMember
I just installed this rom in my canvas a210 and found that it has no imei for both sim and mobile networks were off (radio off).not detecting sim cards and no IMEI number. Help me, to enable both sim radio and to restore both IMEI number
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.