August 22, 2018 at 6:25 PM #45521GuestModerator
TWRP for Meizu M5c is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Meizu M5c and ROOT Meizu M5c (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for Meizu M5c is brought to you by developer(s) Andley302
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Andley302 and TWRP project:
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Meizu M5c:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 6.0
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Meizu M5c, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Unlocked bootloader on Meizu M5c
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
- TWRP recovery download for Meizu M5c
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Meizu M5c:
How to create scatter file for Meizu M5c:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Meizu M5c.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Meizu M5c, to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Meizu M5c.
- Save the scatter file for Meizu M5c in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Meizu M5c using SP Flash Tool:
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Meizu M5c using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Meizu M5c scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Meizu M5c, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Meizu M5c as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Meizu M5c, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for Meizu M5c:
- You can root the Meizu M5c
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Meizu M5c
- You can install some of the mods available on Meizu M5c
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Meizu M5c.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Meizu M5c then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Meizu M5c ROOTING:
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Meizu M5c or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Meizu M5c using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Meizu M5c. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Meizu M5c to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Meizu M5c, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Meizu M5c ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Meizu M5c or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Meizu M5c then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Meizu M5c forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.