July 17, 2018 at 5:53 PM #40693GuestModerator
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) is now available to download on the OFFICIAL LineageOS website. This is a step by step guide that explains how to install the Official Redmi Note 5 Pro LineageOS 15.1 ROM.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to vasishath, Shahan_mik3 and LineageOS project:
– donation to Shahan_mik3
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for vasishathDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Redmi Note 5 Pro LineageOS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Redmi Note 5 Pro LineageOS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Redmi Note 5 Pro OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Redmi Note 5 Pro OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred):
- Copy the latest OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file from device.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 5 Pro, then flash the GApps.- Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 5 Pro, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.- Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
If you have found any BUG on this Redmi Note 5 Pro OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.