July 31, 2018 at 1:00 PM #41745GuestModerator
Android 8.1 Oreo based OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL (marlin) is now available to download on the OFFICIAL LineageOS website. This is a step by step guide that explains how to install the Official Google Pixel XL LineageOS 15.1 ROM.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 for a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to intervigil, razorloves and LineageOS project:
– donation to intervigil
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for razorloves
- Required Downloads for this OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL
- Installing OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL
- Rooting the Google Pixel XL OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR OFFICIAL Google Pixel XL LineageOS 15.1 ROM BASED ON ANDROID OREO 8.1:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL Google Pixel XL LineageOS 15.1 OFFICIAL ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL for the first time, or coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM or any other custom ROM of any Android version:
- Download and Copy the GApps and Google Pixel XL OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Google Pixel XL OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL.
Upgrading from earlier version of OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL (marlin):
- Copy the latest OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone or use the updater app to download the LineageOS 15.1.
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file from device.- Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL, then flash the GApps.- Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.- Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL.
If you have found any BUG on this Google Pixel XL OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 ROM then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 24, 2019 at 2:44 PM #98936
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.